Bell Super 2R MTB Helmet
- It’s TAG™ Fit System, 24 vent and Overbrow ventilation system, X-static padding and measly weight give us load of features for low price. The GoggleGuide adjustable visor system and internal breakaway camera mount justify the fancy pricing of the Bell Super 2R. The question remains whether you would pay big bucks for this great Enduro lid with CE EN1078 and CPSC but no ASTM 1952.
- Bell has once again presented a game-changing Enduro helmet in the Bell Super 2R. The MTB helmet is good for Enduro and treacherous trails. Its revolutionary feature is the wrap around, detachable chin bar that is easy to strap on or stow away. It effectively eliminates the need for separate full face and uphill helmet.
- Adventure sports are called so for a reason. While safety is on the top of everyone’s mind, saying so just makes you the sissy of the gang. Also it’s a bit of a hassle to secure you mug when you are trying hard to enjoy. Still, the fact that your doctor and dentist are emptying your pockets could be your fault and not entirely theirs.
- A few bucks on a helmet, specially a cool one like Bell Super 2R, can make sure you come out of the wood with your teeth and pride intact. Helmet innovation is no game but a survival skill for the big brands in the market right now and Bell has labored hard with the Super 2R MTB helmet.
THE OUTSTANDING FEATURES OF THE SUPER 2R MTB HELMET
- Detachable chinbar:
The most versatile part of the helmet’s design is its wraparound retractable chinbar. For long climbs, when you want to feel the wind in your face, you can use the Super in its native open face role. Come an aggressive trail with rough dangers, you can strap on the chinbar for added safety. For downhilling in Enduro, it is the norm to use an ASTM certified full face helmet.
The Bell Super 2R’s chinbar snaps firmly on the face with a three clasp system: two sliding hook snaps and a sturdier third one to lock it in place. Fixing and removing this piece takes some time initially. Once you acquire a practiced hand at it, you can do it as easily as in the commercial.
- Breakaway camera mount:
Another feature that adds to the dexterity of Bell Super 2R is the camera mount that breaks and rolls away from it upon impact, keeping your fancy camera safe from eating dirt. It topples off before any real damage other than an ugly mugshot defiles the camera.
In Bell Super 2R, superior ventilation is provided by the four chin ports, 6 brow ports and 24 vents on the helmet itself. It also has Overbrow ventilation which allows airflow under the brow. The chinbar does not rob the rider of air circulation. You get more air at the back of the head than a full faced helmet, as needed in Enduro. Some buyers have mused that they have had more air in other helmets. But the consensus leans towards brownie points for Super 2R.
SALIENT FEATURES OF THE BELL SUPER 2R MTB MOTORCYCLE HELMET
- GoggleGuide adjustable visor:
The visor itself is a debatable choice in Enduro and dirt tracking in terms of visibility handicap. So our lot prefers goggles. This is a handy trait that allows the rider to tug the goggles to the helmet brow, under the visor, when not using them.
The Bell Super 2R helmet has an in-mold polycarbonate shell that lends it the lightweight yet hardy nature. The total helmet with chinbar weighs around 690 grams which is quite an achievement and makes it Enduro-friendly.
It is easy to manipulate the fit using the indexed dial on the retention cradle and padded comfort liner for the cheeks. Bell Super 2R comes with fixed X-static padding.
THING TO LIKE
- CE EN1078 and CPSC certified
- Detachable wraparound strong chinbar, easy to wear and remove, clamps down tight
- Bell Super 2R is well ventilated helmet even with chinbar
- Easily replaceable visor with breakaway screws
- Goggleguide adjustable visor
- Breakaway Camera mount
- Overbrow ventilation
- X-static padding
- TAG comfort fit
PRODUCT USER GUIDE
Bell Super 2R can be easy to handle if you keep in mind:
- Sizing needs to be done personally if you are near the top end of a given size. It may fit well as an open face helmet but things could get real cozy with the chinbar.
- If the cheek pads dig into your face, remove them to allow more breathing space
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTION (ASQ)
1. Does the chinbar fit into the old Super 2 helmet?
Ans: No, the chinbar of Super 2R is not back compatible.
2. Does the helmet come with spare padding?
Ans: No, only the cheek pads are removable. The inner padding cannot be removed
Bell Super 2R MTB helmet is a superlative labor of love from Bell with only its rather high price to haul it down. The quality and ventilation have been unanimously lauded by Enduro racers but there are a few who think that it can do better with size and airflow. The removable chinbar does propel it to the brainbucket walk of fame. It’s a tug of war between the Bell Super 2R helmet specifications and its cost. Click here if you are looking for Bell Cam Adult Qualifier Sport Bike Motorcycle Helmet.