- When you take that long commute back home from work on your motorcycle, you sometimes daydream about getting into leather gear and razing through the traffic, dust billowing around you. While you can’t legally take out your anger at the honking driver next to you, you can channel your aggression into some off-road motorcycle riding. Do you need a whole new helmet for that? Nope. *Drumroll* Best Dual sport helmet.
Best Dual Sport Helmet Comparison Chart
Bell MX-9 Adventure Solid Dual Sport Helmet
EPS lined chinbar
Lightweight with Shell
4 Colors : Matte Black / White / Hi viz / Gray-White
IV2 "BioHazard" High Performance Dual Sport Helmet
EPS lined chinbar
Just 1 Colors
1. Bell MX-9 Adventure Solid Helmet
- Bell finally got around to doing a dual sport motorcycle helmet with the MX-9 Adventure. This DOT and ECE approved lid is an entry level contestant into the high-priced arena of dual sport helmets and blows all competition out of the water by simply having a very reasonable price tag. Comfort and quality are signature Bell standards in spite of the price.
- Since Bell MX-9 Adventure should perform both on and off-road, its contours are bold. From front-to-back, you can see the clean-cut lines of a dirt helmets’ aerodynamic profile.
- It sports an intermediate oval shape that is most popular type in the US markets. This dual sport motorcycle helmet’s spirited nature is accentuated by the removable peak mostly found in motocross helmets.
- There’s also the slight jutting-out of chin bar for added protection against dental abuse in the dirt. Ventilation is managed by a network of chin vents, jaw vents, 2 top vents, 4 exhaust vents. There are gouges running through the shell which lends air to cool your dome.
- The MX-9 Adventure helmet is fitted with a clear face shield that is made flatter and more optically correct.
- There also space to pull through your goggle straps and still close the visor. This way you can quickly snap it on when you hit a pile of dirt.
- This dual sport motorcycle helmet is lined with moisture-wicking interiors that rest gently against your head. All pieces of this liner are removable and washable.
- The inner comfort liner is a multi-density body with cut-outs for ventilation. It covers the multi-density EPS liner primed for impact absorption. 3 shell sizes divide sizes Small to 2XL between themselves leading to a snug and proper fit for the riders.
- The chin bar has also been strengthened with EPS liner that could bury any direct force hitting it.
- Bell’s foray into dual sport motorcycle helmet is appreciated because of its efforts to keep the price on the down low and conform to the ease of ride that Bell is known for. So MX-9 Adventure is a no-brainer for our best dual sport motorcycle helmet list.
2. IV2 "BIOHAZARD" High Performance Dual Sport Motocross ATV
- IV2 is known to make kicker helmets at unbelievable prices. They might not be top of the line like Shoei but they sure get the job done.
- Their DOT-certified BioHazard dual sport motorcycle helmet is a highly affordable deal that can work with snowmobiles as well. Its streamlined profile is well suited for blazing down the wind at 80 mph and setting fire to the kindling embers of freedom. No wonder it’s on our watch-out list of best dual spot helmets.
- DOT approval means that IV2 Biohazard dual sport helmet is tested and suited for your street needs. It will keep you safe against possible mischiefs both on the street and on your adventurous rides.
- The fact that it is effective on snow trails makes it a helmet for all purposes and all seasons. The Advanced Thermoplastic shell brings the weight total to 3.5 pounds, which is not bad for a dual sport lid.
- Biohazard sports a ridged face-shield which is made so to be more optically accurate. You can switch it out for a smoked visor depending on the local climate.
- The peak, that is characteristic of dirt helmets, give the rider a respite from sun and rain. Airflow is dependent on the partitioned chin vent, the top chimney vents and the back exhaust vents. These openings let in a decent amount of air and circulate it through the helmet.
- The Venturi vents then scoop out the hot and moist air. The internal liners have been revamped from IV2’s earlier models for a better fit with smoother curves. They are fully detachable and washable.
- Stainless Steel D-rings complete the lid and tie it down tight on the user’s head. This dual sport motorcycle helmet comes with a microfiber bag that can also be used to clean the outer surface with minimum scratches. The shell shape tends towards round in Biohazard.
Best Dual Sport Helmet Buying Tips
- Assess your need: Are you kidding yourself about riding to your freedom? If yes, then invest in the street helmet because they are best suited for your daily travelling needs. But if you are serious about going off the trail and exploring, dual sport motorcycle helmet can get your going.
- Ventilation: Air circulation is a pivotal concern for trail riders. See that your dual sport helmet can get you all the air you need to keep your head cool over the road to salvation. Meanwhile, you should be able to shut your visors tight to avoid wind rocking on your daily commute.
- Weight: If you are planning to use your faithful companion, the dual sport motorcycle helmet, frequently then you must bring its weight into consideration. Polycarbonate helmets usually trade-off weight for cost. Fiberglass helmets are lighter but cost that much more.
Dual sport helmet is an on-road helmet that can moonlight as an off-road helmet as well. With a vast lateral vision and hardy build, they are a hybrids of the adventure and street helmets. The best dual sport helmet can keep you company through the weekdays and on your off-track crusades on the weekends. If you find more infomation about motocross helmet, cick here and read more : Best Motocross Helmet !