- When you see the enemy, you call in the cavalry, not sit idle hoping that Tyrells will arrive on time. When you go riding a motorcycle, always be prepared for the worst and that translates to covering your noggin with a full-face helmet. Because admit it, there’s no point if a half-helmet protects your noodles but you end up paying a fortune for plastic surgery. Road rash is an unprecedented foe and wearing a full-face helmet is good sense. Unless you are Stannis Baratheon and you want to take your chances. For those who aren’t still listening to Red Woman’s foolhardy advice, we have picked out 4 of the best full-face helmets that will keep you safe and sound.
TOP 4 Best Full Face Motorcycle Helmet
Best Full Face Motorcycle Helmet Comparison Chart
HJC CL-17 Full-Face
Bell Solid Qualifier
HJC CL-17 Full-Face Motorcycle Helmet
- HJC CL-17 full-face helmet builds on the tested DNA of CL-16 and adds some flair to it. This DOT and Snell M2010 certified lid wraps its strength in a sub low budget and is a godsend for entry level racing enthusiasts. Starting from ventilation, they have revamped details right down to the cheek pads to iron out the kinks in your ride.
- The CL-17 full-face helmet from HJC has the maverick round shape which can encase the big domes of some riders. They almost always feel like their heads have been plugged into the intermediate oval brainbuckets.
- Neutral or round shape allows them space to breathe. Sizes small to 5XL are divided over 2 shell sizes.
- The Polycarbonate shell is impact-dissimilating but not as light as Fiberglass. CL-17 is more toned in terms of its aerodynamic profile.
- It has a chin vent, sliding eyebrow vents, 2 individually closable chimney vents, 2 back Venturi vents and vents near the jawline. All these participate in the Advanced Channeling Ventilation System that pulls fresh air in, channels through, cools the interiors and swoops out the Venturi vents.
- As noise is closely associated with ventilation, noise management is equally well-orchestrated. CL-17 turned out to be much quieter than CL-16 and some pricier Shoei lids.
- This full-face helmet has a clear face shield which can be instantly switched with the touch of a button and forms an airtight seal on the eye port gasket.
- Eye port has hit the optimum size for the best visibility we have seen in this range. Face shield has three detents which offer leeway to control airflow.
- The visor is Pinlock ready, though the Pinlock insert has to be bought separately. The guts of CL-17 full-face helmet are fully removable and washable.
- Cheek pad snaps have universal configuration so you can swap them for a different size. An integrated breath deflector keeps exhaled air from fogging up your vision.
- HJC CL-17 full-face helmet achieves the trifecta of comfort, security and style in an exciting price. Its life-affirming performance is reason enough for it to be on our best full-face helmets for motorcycle list.
Bell Solid Adult Qualifier Racing Motorcycle Helmet
- Bell has some iconic full-face helmets in its line-up. It pulled the bestselling features from their spec and created an entry level sport helmet, the Qualifier.
- Although only DOT certified, the Bell Qualifier full-face helmet has the streamlined contours of racing helmets which give it an edge over wind noise and buffeting. It most certainly is a solid choice from our best full-face helmets for motorcycle list.
- Bell Qualifier has an intermediate oval shape which has long become a vogue with Bell helmets. Even though it barely crosses the low price tag, its sizes span across 3 Polycarbonate shell sizes.
- This opens up the architecture of the lid for a better fit over different sizes. Given the Polycarbonate construction, it is fairly lightweight, a smidgen past the 3 pound mark. Ventilation system connects over the web of chin vents, non-fussy chimney vents and the back Venturi vents.
- The grooves inside the EPS shell for airflow are more numerous and wider than what you find in helmets of the same cost coordinate.
- Its face shield comes off with a quick press of a button and can be replaced with a tinted visor or photochromatic shield.
- The visor shuts tight without letting any wind whistle through residual cracks. Even for a basic helmet, this full-face helmet has premium interiors.
- Cheek pads, neck roll, 3D comfort liner all are made of anti-microbial moisture wicking fabric. They can be taken out and relieved of your gunk.
- Near the cheek pads, Bell has created recesses for speakers of a communication system. You will fully appreciate this facility only when you have to take a long ride with Sena speakers jammed against your ears.
- The snaps allow you to customize the padding according to your head-size and preferences. Neck roll is a welcome addition to this full faced helmet. It emboldens your conviction in the fitment and provides great support against the back of your head.
- This helmet comes in a number of solid colors and graphics that will camouflage the low-profile vents on the top.
Shoei RF-1200 Full-face Helmet
- Shoei builds and costs premium. Its RF-1100 was a hoot and RF-1200 full-face helmet looks like it has rejuvenated the RF-series.
- It’s the less bulky and more successful Shoei RF helmet with all the features to justify its demand for way too many greenbacks. Its DOT and Snell 2010 certified but it has the capacity to survive worse.
- The aerodynamic profile of RF-1200 full-face helmet is fundamentally different from its predecessors. Shoei has trimmed the weight off the strategic places like under the jawline to reduce the weight of this helmet.
- As a result, it perches lightly on your head. Air circulation is guided by a chin vent, chimney vents, a vent between the chimney vents and Venturi vents.
- Chin and chimney vents have two open positions. Venturi vents can be closed as well. RF-1200 sports dual EPS liner, between which the air channels are sandwiched.
- This full-face helmet has 4 different sizes of shells for helmet sizes XS to XXL .
- Its intermediate oval shell shape goes for most motorcycle riders. The face-shield is a premier affair.
- Apart from quick release system to swap the shield, RF-1200 also has a baseplate via which you can adjust the seal of visor over the reinforced gasket. This way it can be sucked closer to completely eliminate the effect of natural elements.
- The face shield also has posts for Pinlock inserts. The best part, you get a stock Pinlock insert with this helmet which could otherwise set you back low price.
- A ratcheting knob allows you to adjust the ventilation using the visor. Shoei RF-1200 full-face helmets are quieter than their ancestors.
- One nifty feature of this lid is the Emergency Quick release system. This way the helmet can be disengaged during an accident without causing any more distress to the rider.
- The inner comfort liner is now fully replaceable along with the cheek pads in RF1200. These are moisture wicking constructions.
- One design upgrade is that the snaps for the comfort liner are not on the forehead thus eliminating any possible pressure point in that area. There are also cutouts for speakers which are covered with separate liners with snaps.
- Shoei does not come cheap. But once you wear an RF-1200 full-face helmet you will realize what you have been missing out on and you cannot go back from such subtle technology. It is a natural choice for our best full-face helmets for motorcycle list.
LS2 Stream Full Face Motorcycle Helmet With Sunshield
- LS2 is known to bring in some big bang for bucks in its helmets. The Stream full-face helmet is no different and yet very unique.
- This DOT and ECE approved lid has all the right curves for an awesome ride. It has buffed up its features for maximum comfort along with the reliable tags of safety. That kind of mindful behavior gets you in the best full-face helmets for motorcycle list.
- The Stream full-face helmet from LS2 has an intermediate oval shape that tends more towards the oval of it. Once you get it, you can check out the streamlined contours.
- Ventilation system consists of chin vent, top chimney vents and exhaust vents.
- Inside, the air is channeled through the grooves in the EPS liner. The chin vents can be closed via a rocker button which is easily operable with gloves. EPS liner has been made multi-density for extra impact dissemination.
- The face shield is 3mm thick which is more than the average that we find in its peers. Disassembling the visor is easy as a breeze. When riding out in sun, you can drop down the sun visor that covers your eyes while keeping the brainbucket cool.
- It is summoned through a button on the side. Clear face-shield has Pinlock posts in case you need to go anti-fog. Inner liner is hypoallergenic moisture wicking gut.
- Everything including the neck roll is removable and washable. Cheeks pad have been laser cut for a snug fit.
- The comfort liner has mesh openings for unobtrusive air flow.
- The liner seems to have furrowed channels for bespectacled motorcycle riders so that the arms of specs do not press against your noggin.
- In a startling detour from tradition, this LS2 full-face helmet has ditched the D-ring strap for a ratcheted fastener that can be readily adjusted by bulked up fingers.
- LS2 Stream full-face helmet is a serious player in the entry level DOT/ECE helmet market. With features to match its stride, it’s all set to be on the best full-face helmets for motorcycle list.
Full-face helmets are your best bet in a mishap. But they also carry the burden of being heavy. The best full-face helmets combat this problem effectively by cutting down on carbs without compromising on impact absorption. With gongs like Pinlock posts, multi-density EPS liners, speaker caverns etc., they compensate for everything they take away. So you are not left with an excuse to go half-helmet. Best Full-face helmet have evolved at the speed of computers in every aspect. If it's not enough information for you, click here and choose Matte Black Dual Visor Full Face Street Bike Motorcycle Helmet