HJC CL-17 Full-Face Motorcycle Helmet
- HJC CL 17 full face motorcycle has evolved from its HJC FG family for a DOT and Snell architecture at sub low price. The polycarbonate shell lined with dual density EPS liner is fitted with a Pinlock ready Rapidfire replacement enabled clear face shield. They have Venturi, eyebrow and Spoiler vents across the aerodynamic profile for managing airflow management.
- Ventilation in HJC CL 17 is further enhanced by the ACS ventilation system and Super cool interior channels. Inner comfort liner is completely removable and washable. An array of nine sizes including 3XL and 5XL come in a combination of six colors and 4 graphics. 3XL and 5XL are only DOT certified and not tested for Snell. HJC CL 17 is reported to be noisy.
- As more and more helmet brands are aiming to tie Snell approved helmets in a neat bow of price range, they are forced to innovate. HJC is a dependable name in the off-road arena. They decided to channel their energy on taking their best bets and improving them. Borrowing heavily from the FG series and CL-16, CL17 has built on that DNA.
- At a low price, the CL-17 packs a lot of features. But the thing has 10 vents that seem to butch up the wind management deal if not used correctly. HJC CL 17 full face motorcycle helmet allows flexibility in terms of the features.
THE OUTSTANDING FEATURES OF THE HJ CL-17 MISSION FULL FACE MOTORCYCLE HELMET
Some features are noteworthy in HJC CL 17, albeit subject to some bugs:
- Shell and liner:
The helmet has a polycarbonate composite shell for a lightweight blueprint. It is lined with dual density EPS liner for the Snell approval it claims. Sizes XS to XL of HJC CL 17 are Snell and DOT approved. 3XL and 5XL are DOT approved. The lack of Snell approval for these is simply because they have never been tested for Snell in interest of keeping the costs down. Liner is said to have grooves for glasses. The snap configuration to liner is same across different sizes. This makes cheek pads interchangeable for a customized design.
A clear UV protection face shield comes attached to the helmet. The vents may create a fogging situation but CL-17 is Pinlock ready. RapidFire™ shield replacement lets you switch out the visor if it doesn’t meet your personal standards. In spite of all this, few customers have complained about the quality and clarity of the shields in HJC CL 17.
HJC CL 17 helmet boasts of 10 vents and the ACS ventilation system to keep it cool. The exhaust Venturi at chin is actually functional. Exhaust Spoiler create the necessary negative lift and expel hot air. Eyebrow vents also allow air onto the forehead. However, certain buyers complained that HJC went overboard with the vents and the air gets under the helmet making it noisier that its FG family.
CUSTOMER BENEFIT OF THE HJ CL-17 MISSION FULL FACE MOTORCYCLE HELMET
Other traits of the HJC CL 17 full face motorcycle helmet that earned it many a fanboys are:
- · Shield locking: HJC CL 17 has a 2 stage shield locking system that allows one touch open/lock for the visor. The functioning is smooth with no room for visor rocking.
- · Super cool cooling: The interior of the helmet is kept cool by the Super Cool® technology which is the big daddy of HJC’s earlier technology Speed Cool.
- · Sizes and colors: The HJC CL 17 helmet comes in XL to 5XL sizes in 6 different colors and 4 graphics which translate to numerous combinations.
THINGS YOU LIKE
- Snell and DOT approval for all size up till 2XL. DOT approval for 3XL and 5XL
- Polycarbonate lightweight shell with dual EPS liner
- 10 vents, ACS Ventilation System for keeping the heat out of the HJC CL 17 helmet
- Super Cool moisture-wicking antibacterial interior
- UV protected face shield with Pinlock ready configuration
- HJC CL 17 has RapidFire face shield replacement technology that allows to change the visor very fast without tools
- Racing helmet at low price
- Cheek pads are interchangeable for customization
- 9 size and 20+ designs
PRODUCT USER GUIDE
Here’s what will make the ride with HJC CL 17 full face motorcycle helmet smoother:
- If you find the visor fairly cosmetic then switch it out using the RapidFire quick replacement concept.
- If the face shield of HJC CL 17 fogs up real quick, you may want to consider Pinlock system to handle it. The helmet comes Pinlock ready
- Get a chin curtain if you think the side chin Venturi vents are not doing their job right
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTION (ASQ)
1. Does HJC CL 17 helmet come with a face shield and Pinlock?
Ans: The helmet comes with a Pinlock ready shield but NOT the Pinlock insert.
2. Can I insert a Bluetooth communication device inside this helmet?
Ans: Yes, there is space for a Bluetooth device inside HJC CL 17.
3. Will the face shield from HJC CL 16 fit HJC CL 17 if I were to upgrade?
Ans: Yes, face shields are interchangeable between Cl-16 and 17
HJC CL 17 Mission full face motorcycle helmet is not a new baby for people who are familiar with other HJC helmets. It draws heavily from its good helmets for an assortment of good features. The airflow is good to a fault, a little too much so for riders who stay in a colder terrain. Whatever HJC CL17 offers in quality, it lacks a bit in noise control. It is an option worth considering if you are new to track and looking for less pricey cousins of the big bad boy helmets. You can find more about Conquer Snell Approved Full Face Auto Racing Helmet by clicking here !