Shoei Neotec Motorcycle Helmet
- An exciting contraption from Shoei, the Neotec motorcycle helmet has a whole portfolio of characteristics to check out. It is a modular helmet with the 360 degree pivot locking system that keeps the chinbar in place. Shoei’s proprietary AIM shell is lined with dual EPS liner for safety.
- The DOT certified helmet is custom designed to keep you head cool with an elaborate cooling system. Apart from a clear visor, Shoei Neotec modular helmet has an integrated sun visor that is anti scratch and fog resistant. The wind-tunnel refined helmet is packed with noise reduction features and user friendly intrigues, each of which contributes to its high price.
Shoei keeps its business close to the vest with just 500 employees worldwide. But the innovations coming out of its pockets are for all to see. The Shoei Neotec modular helmet is one such item. At a low price, the pricey helmet is no stranger to the promises its cost holds. Modular helmets are a little snobby in themselves and the contest continues as to whether we actually need them. A little more insight into Shoei Neotec modular helmet's actual design will help you decide whether it is worth the dollar.
THE OUTSTANDING FEATURES OF THE SHOEI METALLIC NEOTEC ROAD RACE MOTORCYCLE HELMET
Design-wise there are a few characteristics of the Shoei Neotec modular helmet that highlight themselves:
- Modular Design : Shoei Neotec is a modular helmet built on the foundations of Multitec. An AIM shield with dual EPS liner makes it a DOT certified product. The chinbar and face shield are lightweight for optimal balance when raised. The 360 degree pivot locking holds the chinbar down firmly when locked. The visor fits into a dual ridge window bead. The chin portion has a breath guard to filter off dust.
- Ventilation and cooling : The Shoei Neotec modular helmet has a vent in the chinbar with large vent shutter for easy operation. The exhaust vent on the top of the head has a 3-position shutter allowing you more leeway in airflow management. Apart from the vent, deep channels run in the shell to keep things cool inside the helmet. The vents work together to bring this noise reduction design into shape. The Shoei Neotec modular helmet has a vent in the chinbar with large vent shutter for easy operation. The exhaust vent on the top of the head has a 3-position shutter allowing you more leeway in airflow management. Apart from the vent, deep channels run in the shell to keep things cool inside the helmet. The vents work together to bring this noise reduction design into shape.
- Noise reduction and aerodynamics: The helmet ventilation and architecture lend to a quite ride with negligible wind noise. Shoei Neotec modular helmet is armed with Vortex generator lip for better aerodynamic control.
SALIENT FEATURES OF THE SHOEI METALLIC NEOTEC ROAD RACE MOTORCYCLE HELMET
There are numerous nitty-gritties that Shoei took care of in the design of Shoei Neotec modular helmet:
- Fog shield: The helmet comes with Pinlock anti-fog system. It is easy to install and actually works quite well with Shoei Neotech. But do note that it is illegal for usage at night under VESC-8 light-transmission standards.
- Visors: The integrated sun shield of Shoei Neotec modular helmet is the effective QSV1 make that provides immediate safeguard against the glare. A slider that can be easily used with gloved hands controls it. The CNS1 clear shield is specially designed as taller and wider to give extra peripheral vision than usual full faced helmets.
- Interiors: The interiors of Shoei Neotec modular helmet are richly lined with removable, washable lining. The padding can be manipulated for comfort.
- Sizes and color: Shoei went completely showy with seven colors in five sizes. Sizes small through XL of Neotec modular helmet are available in Anthracite metallic, light silver, brilliant yellow, wine red, matte black, gloss black and white colors.
THINGS TO LIKE
- Shoei Neotec modular helmet is DOT certified sturdy helmet dual EPS lining
- Retractable chinbar and face shield for modular design
- 360 degree pivot locking system that firmly secures the chinbar
- Shoei Neotec modular helmet comes with clear and instant relief tinted visor
- Chin and exhaust vents and vortex generator make for great design
- Wind noise in Shoei Neotec modular helmet is easily curtailed. Vents are easy to use with gloved hands
- Washable/detachable interiors
- Pin lock fog shield
- Shoei Neotec modular helmet has 3 Shell sizes
- Easy to operate with gloved hands
- Can fit in a Bluetooth communication device
PRODUCT USER GUIDE
The few tips that can make life easier for you with Shoei Neotec modular helmet are:
- The helmet needs to be tried before you buy it, not just for size but also for weight. Some people might not be comfortable with the weight of Shoei Neotec modular helmet on their neck.
- If you find the interior padding too stuffy, you can remove the liner layers to make it less so.
- Play with the air vents for better wind noise and fog control
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTION (ASQ)
Does the Shoei Neotec Modular Helmet come with a sun visor ?
Yes, the helmet has an integrated flip-down injection molded inner tinted visor.
Is a modular helmet as safe as a full face helmet ?
The safety of the design also depends on the brand. But the equation of protection leans toward full face helmets.
The modular vs full face helmet debate leans more towards a full face helmet for safety considerations. Shoei does provide a meticulously put together helmet in Shoei Neotec modular helmet. But the question remains with regards to safety. That point apart, the helmet is quite and crafted carefully with Japanese technology. At the price you pay for it, Shoei Neotec modular helmet is an indulgence with hi tech features. Click here if you want to read more about Conquer Snell Approved Open Face Racing Helmet